Saturday, July 10, 2010

BOLIVIA - COPACABANA

Left LaPaz around 8.30 am Thursday morning for Copacabana. For those that maybe confused - it is not Cococabana, Brazil but Copocabana, Bolivia - different spelling, you see! It is the gateway to Isla de Sol in Lake Titicaca - the birthplace and origin of the Incas.Had to cross a part of the lake on a ferry to continue journey. We crossed on a boat.

On the other side I met my first Llama,  juvenile and touristy though, but how cute?



Arrived in Copacabana around 11.30 am. Got myself a nice room for R90.00 a night incl breakfast in the Colonial Hostel..Bolivia is a traveller's dream.

Then took a walk down towards Lake Titicaca and harbour.Again the streets were lined with vendors. After about half and hour of walking -small town -I settled down at a cafe /restaurant overlooking the harbour and had a couple of Pacenas, waiting for the sunset. So basically this is what the waterfront looks like -

and the buildings on the waterfront - very basic

Sunset came and I took a couple of photies. This one I considered best.
Then went and got a shower and took the streets again looking for something to eat.Decided to go fishy and found this nice one with oil fires around the tables - it gets bloody chilly when the sun goes down.So I sat down - notice I -no female accompanied.What the hell - more for me! Stomach full and brain comfortably numbed, I went back to the hostel and into bed. Three blankets!!

No comments:

Post a Comment