Sunday, June 20, 2010

Puerto Iguaza

Today my last day in this town. Leaving at 1.15 pm for Rio de Janeiro. It has been a most pleasant stay, except for the mosquito bites I picked up at the waterfalls.Never felt them biting me, but boy, the itching and scratching the next day!Still scratching!
The town can be described as a typical tourist town with shops focusing on curios and a lot of restaurants offering pizza and steak. Could probably compare it to a typical Mpumulanga town.
What struck me was the number of young people roaming the streets and the number of scooters whizzing up and down.Some even have speakers mounted to their scooters, playing their I Pods.Also no stop streets - people just make way for each other.
Last night had a braai and a Brazilian dance show at another hostel around the corner.
The food was great and so was the wine and caperinhas.
So this a little teaser to Rio de Janeiro.I am sure the girls there will be prettier.Adios for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment