Monday, June 21, 2010

BRAZIL DAY 1

Was thinking of going to Paraguay on Saturday, but apparently too much hassle at border post . Was never on my travel plans - just thought about it, as it was on my way to Rio. So left Sunday 1.15 pm and arrived in Rio at 12pm the next day. No chicken bus! Again one of those double decker buses with reclining seats and TV and lots of leg space at R875.00 one way.Was not going to hang around bus terminal in Rio for a cheap bus to my hostel ( you know all the pick pockets and other unsavoury characters ), and took a taxi service recommended by Lonely Planet. That book is like a bible for any traveller.It shows you the way!

Some photos coming into Rio.






Photos of my  Leblon Design Hostel where I am staying.The nicest so far and the bonus - four blocks away from Ipenema Beach. Taking a stroll down there tomorrow and if a nice day, will spend some time on the beach.
I have not mentioned this before, but wherever I go and I say I am from South Africa, there is only one standard response: "What are you doing here?" referring to the World Cup.I have had a few incredulous stares from some, looking at me as if I had lost the plot here. Quite enjoying it though.

1 comment:

  1. Yes you are nuts!!! You should feel the energy here, it is fantastic and so far no need to have left the country at all! Take care my friend

    ReplyDelete