Wednesday, June 23, 2010

BRAZIL DAY 3


I am quite depressed. It has been raining now for the last two days and I cannot go and see the famous sites because they are all covered in clouds. I only intended to spend four days here, as it is quite expensive.So I been spending my time indoors watching soccer and stuffing around the internet. Looked up weather forecast for the next 10 days. It seems tomorrow, will be partly cloudy,with Friday and the weekend, sunny.So, I have decided to extend my stay for another 2 to 3 days. I just hope their forecasts are more accurate than ours.
The rain stopped around 2 pm and I took a walk to the Leblon Mall about five blocks away from where I am staying.. Very few people inside the mall. After a while inside I relised why so few people - shops are Armani, Brookkfields, Adidas, Breitling...all the famous brands and expensive. I managed to find a similar store like a Mr Price and got myself the cheapest t shirt at R80.00.Feeling better now!
As I mentioned before no attractive women aroud, except here and they are all shop assistants. Could it be that only attractive people find jobs here in Rio, leaving the the other gene pool roaming the streets.
On my way to the mall, I came across this tree. No wonder Brasil is soccer crazy - soccer balls are growing on trees here!

I asked some locals for the name of this tree, but no one knew. So for those with a lot of time on hand, see if you can find what the name and origin is. Talking about this tree,this is what they serve in kiosks spread along the promenade of Ipenema Beach...agua de coco or as we would say, coconut water.
I had one after my long walk and it was really great tasting - water with a hint of coconut..Sells for R13.00.
Talking about drinking, think I will pay an Irish pub a visit tonight. Until later

No comments:

Post a Comment