Tuesday, June 22, 2010

BRAZIL DAY 2

Took a walk down to Ipenema Beach around 10 am.Altough it was quite warm (23 degrees), it was quite overcast and hazy, affecting the picture quality.Took a walk down the beach front from the one end to the other end.It took me just over an hour to do a round trip, so it gives you an idea of how long the beach strip is. It was very empty with a few people playing beach tennis and volley ball training sessions, as well as some surfers.What there was a lot of, were people walking, jogging and cycling.
Here are some photos.

What is interesting about the two photos below, is that it is an initiative to drive fitness among the Cariocas,as the local people are known. The first photo is an instruction chart on how to stretch and some strength exercises. The second photo is of the actual exercise structure.I think I counted three along the beach stretch.
And this one below is for the girls. If you do not like what you wear to the beach today or lost part or all of your bikini in the waves, help is at hand. All colours and all sizes!Saw two of these stands today.Wonder how many on a busy day.
And lastly guys, it was not our today.As I said, I walked far, but did not find anything. On that note, I am staying in one of the two suburbs deemed as affluent ie Cocobana and Lebnon/Ipenama,but not one attractive woman around. Or did someone tell them I am visting.But I have not quite returned empty handed. The hottest find for the day!Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment